Sunday, September 26, 2010

9 years

I don't think the number '9' is significant, especially when you're celebrating something.  Most people celebrate after one year.  Then it seems pretty common to count five years, 10 years, 25 years, 50 years, and so on as milestones.  Honestly, I can't remember the last time I heard anyone get excited and say, "Nine years!  Wow that's great!" So even though nine may not be as good as 10, it's better then eight (or seven or even four).  But I like nine.

 
As of this past week, Jo and I have been married nine years.  Not all of it has been fun or easy.  But a lot of things have been fun or easy, and sometimes both.  We've had some hard things happen which could have broken us.  But thank God, here we are, having worked through all those things and happy to be together.

For us, nine is a great number.  Nine is a good reason to celebrate.