Monday, November 1, 2010

The End of an Era

Today I reached the end of an era.  As of today, I'm no longer searching for a job.  Nor am I searching for a better job.  After over two years of looking for a quality job here in Chapel Hill, I finally got one.  Thanks to the Eternal Father, thanks to Dottie, thanks to everyone who has prayed for me once or often.

Since the fall of 2008, I have invested hours of my time, driven lots of miles, been emotionally distressed, discouraged, beaten down, and depressed.  And now, I can leave those things behind.  I no longer have to search for jobs.  I no longer have to apply for jobs.  I no longer have to wait for phone calls or emails from potential employers.

Today I got a call with an official job offer for a job which a friend (Dottie) passed on to me.  And When asked if I needed time to think about it, I said, 'No, I want this job.'  I will start a new career in two weeks.  Praise God for His faithfulness.

No comments: