Monday, April 7, 2008

my awesome pregnant wife Jo and a blast from the past

Adelle and I went to Jo's midwife appointment this morning. There are only a few weeks left until baby #2, Evangeline Rose, arrives. Here's a photo of Jo, my beautiful pregnant wife, which was taken yesterday. There is something so amazing and uniquely feminine about pregnancy that makes a woman shine. I never really noticed it until I had a pregnant wife. I'd actually never been around many pregnant women.

On a completely different subject, I found this video on YouTube the other day. Its from the very last Arsenio Hall show. Arsenio went off the air sometime in the early to mid-90s.

This video has a bunch of real hip-hoppers from that era of. I love hip hop. Not rap, but hip hop. There is a difference, a huge difference actually. This video is everything that's right about hip-hop - the energy, the creativity, and the spontaneity. MC Lyte actually gave me chills. The only thing I don't like is the last guy. I think he just jumped out the audience and started busting out; he's got like zero talent. But the rest of it is off the _____ (insert favorite adjective here. suggestions: hook, chain, rails, rocker, etc.)! I need to send this one to Soulja Boy so he can get a few pointers.


No comments: