Wednesday, April 2, 2008

The Proposition

My friend Dave let me borrow this movie called "The Proposition" a few weeks ago, but I just got around to watching it a couple of days ago. If I were giving out stars, I'd give out as many as the star system would let me.

Written by Nick Cave (Aussie rock star from'Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds'), "The Proposition" is a Western set in Australia (or as the Aussies say, 'Stralia). The story is awesome and the cast is fantastic. Guy Pearce (Momento) is the man! He plays the lead role and just blows me away (pun intended). The outlaw characters are dirty (literally and figuratively) and the lawman aren't much more appealing. Its a very gritty, sometimes brutal story - the kind of story that makes you glad you didn't live in Australia during these times.

No comments: