Sunday, August 10, 2008

Hellboy 2: The Golden Army

This is the sequel to Hellboy, one of my favorite movies of all time. Starring as Hellboy is one of my favorite all time actors, Ron Perlman. I've been a fan of his since I was a kid. He played the lion-man Vincent in the 1980s TV show Beauty and the Beast, one of the best shows ever. He's also been in many of my favorite movies - Alien: Resurrection, Blade 2, and an amazing French film called La Cité des Enfants Perdus (directed by the same guy who did Amélie).

Like the orginal Hellboy, Hellboy 2 is directed by Guillermo Del Toro, one of my favorite directors. He directed the recent film Pan's Labyrinth. And apart from Ron Perlman, Hellboy 2 also stars Selma Blair, (who looks much cuter with short hair than long hair. Wow, I know I've been hanging out with my wife for a long time when I start making comments about women's hairstyles!), Jeffrey Tambor and Doug Jones. It was a really good as far as sequels go. The costumes, make up, and effects were all great. The dialogue was hysterical. All the characters are so lovable. And while it wasn't quite as good as the first one, it was still action packed and just all around entertaining. I give it 4 out of 5 étoiles.

No comments: