Monday, August 25, 2008

I'm not really a hater - music

After the last post post about the Olympics, I decided to write something positive. One of my favorite things in the whole wide world is music, so this post is about music I like. First here are just a few 'classic' songs that I can hear over and over again and without ever getting tired of them:
Maggie May - Rod Stewart
Let's Groove - Earth, Wind and Fire
For Once in My Life - Stevie Wonder (it was really hard to pick one Stevie song since they are all so good - except "I Just Called to Say I love You")
I Love Rock and Roll – Joan Jett & the Blackhearts
Kiss – Prince
Mayonnaise – Smashing Pumpkins

Also, here is a very incomplete list of some of my favorite all time albums. And for me favorite means an album I can listen to a million times and love it more each time I hear it:

Paul's Boutique - Beastie Boys (I might know every word to this album)
Nevermind – Nirvana
Ten – Pearl Jam
Electric Ladyland – The Jimi Hendrix Experience
American Thighs – Veruca Salt

Parachutes – Coldplay
The Swiss Army Romance – Dashboard Confessional
Rock For Light – Bad Brains
Siamese Dream - Smashing Pumpkins
Led Zeppelin III
Brown - P.O.D.

Street Signs – Ozomatli
Facelift – Alice in Chains
Dirt – Alice in Chains

And lastly, here are the bands, artists and albums I have listened to most over the past 4 or 5 years:

Saves the Day - everything, but especially "Stay What You Are" and "Through Being Cool"
Taking Back Sunday - "Tell All Your Friends" and "Where You Want to Be"
Ozomatli - everything, but especially "Street Signs"
Jack Johnson - everything he's done
Daphne Loves Derby - "Good Night Witness Light" and "On the Strength of All Convinced"
Deftones - everything, but especially "Adrenaline"
Demon Hunter - Summer of Darkness
Amy Winehouse - Back to Black
Corine Bailey Rae
Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon

So what are your musical faves?

1 comment:

patrick | steed said...

I'm glad you are as musically diverse as I am. I play my massive music collection at work and people stare at me because I'll have gangster rap and then bluegrass, and then emo, and then dave matthews or something.

Some stuff you may try, if you haven't already (some of these you SHOULD know):

Iron and Wine
Synthar
People In Planes
Patty Griffin
Goldfrapp
DeVotchKa
Wilco
The National
Band of Horses
and, well, Weezer.