Monday, June 16, 2008

Bella

Good movie. I mean a really good movie. It was sad and beautiful and a great movie watching experience. I was a little skeptical about watching it since the 2 people who recommended it were women. Nothing against women, (I actually appreciate and love women, especially my dear wife) but they both described it as a love story. However since neither of their descriptions contained the the words, "Romantic Comedy", I was willing to give it a chance.

Jo and I watched it together, something that doesn't happen often these days. One reason for this is that it is hard to block out 1 1/2 - 2 hours of time when we can both sit down and watch a movie. Another reason is that our tastes in movies are vastly different. Typically neither of us wants to watch what the other is watching. But this was the rare exception where we were both willing to try. Bella ended up being a movie we both liked. Jo said it was sad, but seemed to enjoy it. I say 'seemed to' but it was hard to tell by her reaction.

Anyways, like I said at the beginning, Bella was really good and definitely worth watching. I'm glad that I listened to those 2 ladies.

No comments: