Wednesday, June 25, 2008

total 80s day

I love the 80s. I've said it before and am saying it again now. To demonstrate my fondness for the 80s, I came up with some slogans for the decade of excess:
The 80s - when women were real women and men dressed like women and it was somehow considered still masculine

The 80s
- when you and your boyfriend shared the same lip gloss (you could also replace 'lip gloss' with skin tight pants, frilly blouse, gauzy scarf, eyeshadow, etc)

The 80s - when people didn't know if Boy George was really a boy, but it didn't really matter since all the guys wore make-up, scarves, and frilly blouses

In celebration of the 1980s, I found this awesome video. If you don't love the 80s now, you will after you've seen this amazing 10 minute montage of some of the best music videos from the 80s:


And just for good measure, here's on of the best Rock 'n' roll songs of all time, "I Love Rock 'n' Roll", also from the 80s:

No comments: