Wednesday, June 4, 2008

"the kingdom" short review

Short review: a good solid action flick. Definitely worth watching. Makes the latest Die Hard film look like something I made over Memorial Day weekend.

I'm such a sucker for Jennifer Garner (Alias rules!). And Jamie Foxx is a really good actor. And I have to mention Mr. Quintessential 80s Star (seen in the classic Teen Wolf Too) Jason Batemen who I thought was quite good in his role.

The Kingdom didn't really raise the same issues as George Clooney's film Syriana, but I couldn't help but think of it when I was watching this movie. I can't remember what I thought of, but I remember that something went through my mind.

A side note. Have you noticed that these days the bad guys these are Arab or Muslim? When I was a kid they were all Russian or Eastern European. Then it seems like the East Asians (Chinese and North Koreans) had a brief turns as bad guys (think of Jet Li in Lethal Weapon 4). Now anybody with olive skin and a mustache is a bad guy. If they have a full beard they are a double bad guy. Whoever the USA hates gets top billing as bad guys. I'm guessing that the Canadians will be the next group of baddies.

No comments: